These composite materials make it possible to produce lightweight and durable mast structures for electric companies’ needs.
Moreover, the poles made of polycomposite with basalt or glass filler:
- have high insulating properties;
- can withstand extreme weather conditions;
- ensure smooth operation of the line, even with insulation faults;
- don’t require special equipment for installation in field;
- may be transported in bulk using helicopters and light all-terrain vehicles.
The only drawback of composite poles is their high cost compared to the traditional concrete and metal supports. Therefore, the mounting of such a structure is economically justified in the areas where support service is difficult to provide (swamps, mountains, etc.)