The first 40 composite poles for power transmission lines have been set on the territory of an enterprise in Biysk. The structures were developed and produced by Altika, the resident of Altai Polikompozit technological cluster. According to the developers, the service life of composite poles is 90 years with basalt plastic and fiberglass the best structural materials.
These composite materials make it possible to produce lightweight and durable mast structures for electric companies’ needs.
Moreover, the poles made of polycomposite with basalt or glass filler:
- have high insulating properties;
- can withstand extreme weather conditions;
- ensure smooth operation of the line, even with insulation faults;
- don’t require special equipment for installation in field;
- may be transported in bulk using helicopters and light all-terrain vehicles.
The only drawback of composite poles is their high cost compared to the traditional concrete and metal supports. Therefore, the mounting of such a structure is economically justified in the areas where support service is difficult to provide (swamps, mountains, etc.)
As we reported earlier, the JSC Sibdok from Omsk Region is about to launch the production of composite poles from basalt fibers of their own manufacture.
Companies: Altai Polikompozit