S&S, a plastic injection moulding and tool manufacturing services provider, operates a 21,000 ft² manufacturing facility in Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, UK. Intelicare has supplied much of the ancillary equipment to S&S for several years, including mould heaters, hopper loaders, granulators, dosing units and conveyors, which are purpose built for specific machine types. These additional dosing units and loaders have contributed to the expansion in production facilities where all the machines at S&S are now equipped with an Intelicare doser, loader and proportional mixer valve.
The DV1-50100 volumetric doser units incorporate brushes motors with integral speed control. The Hall effect sensor (a transducer that varies its output voltage in response to a magnetic field) controls the motor speed to an accuracy within 0.5% of the set point. The result is accurate dosing control, contributing to a high quality finished production part.
Other features include:
- a new, automatic microprocessor for automatic operation;
- automatic screw speed calculation after entering dosing parameters;
- automatic or manual work settings with 50 program memory;
- suitable for both injection or extrusion applications;
- the DV series range accommodates throughputs of 0.15 to 25 kg/hour.
“The Intelicare dosing units have improved finished product colour consistency and appearance,” reports Paul Connall, Operations Manager, S&S. “Intelicare provided us with first class equipment and continue to support us with an impressive after sales service.”