The Compcut 200 machine has been designed to offer composite R&D teams and test centres affordable access to an easy to use though inherently sophisticated and robust plate saw.
Compcut 200 features are said to include:
- compact size with small footprint;
- high quality surface finish allowing immediate testing;
- clear working area visibility;
- excellent perpendicularity and parallelism;
- automatic material positioning innovative clamping;
- ability to run multiple specimen cuts;
- fully enclosed work area – ensuring user safety;
- both dry and wet cutting options;
- automated control and part programme capability for consistent results.
“From our long experience of tackling the challenges of composite machining and taking a good look at the market, convinced us that there was a niche for a unit like the Compcut 200,” states Sharp & Tappin Managing Director Ben Sharp. ”We are confident that the 200 offers a tremendous range of features and benefits at an affordable price – easy to use with the minimum of operator training yet capable of consistently delivering very high quality cuts.”
“Our Compcut saws give us the ability to quickly and repeatedly produce high quality test specimens with a near zero scrap rate – in reality the resulting specimens exceed the requirements of the common International standards,” states Paul Yeo – Technical Director at CTE (Composite Test & Evaluation).
Sharp & Tappin will exhibit on Stand M92 at Advanced Engineering 2017 on 1-2 November in Birmingham, UK.
Companies: Compcut Intuitive Cutting Solutions