Typical marine applications for Scigrip MMAs include:
- bonding large composite parts such as hull to deck joints, internal structure, stringers and cores;
- interior and exterior fit out and assembly;
- attaching anodised aluminium sail tracks to carbon fibre yacht masts;
- assembly of steel and aluminium structural components; and
- bonding bright white and gel-coated hull and superstructure parts.
Products showcased at METS 2017 will include SG300, a high-performance methacrylate adhesive with a balance of strength and toughness for bonding metals, composites and thermoplastics. SG300 is said to be ideal for internal or external bonding and reduces the need for mechanical fasteners. It is available in a range of working times for production flexibility.
SG230 HV is a two-component, 10:1 mix ratio product for bonding composite and other plastic parts with little or no surface preparation. Scigrip reports that it offers excellent fatigue and vibration resistance for key structural areas and can bond to metal structures with a simple priming process.
Both products possess Lloyd’s Register approvals.
METS visitors are also invited to attend the Scigrip Technical Demonstrations on the ‘Construction in Process Stage’ at 13.00 on 14 November and 16 November. Scigrip’s Director of Global Technical Services, Manny Tesfaye, will demonstrate the use of structural MMA adhesives to bond various substrates using minimal surface preparation to deliver rapid, fatigue resistant, structural bonds within minutes.
Industries: Marine Transportation and Shipbuilding