Elium® is the first liquid thermoplastic resin designed for manufacturing composite parts with mechanical properties similar to thermosetting.
The major advantage of Elium® is it acts like a thermoplastic, which means it is uniquely designed for thermoforming, recycling and welding. Elium is the ideal thermoplastic resin to manufacture materials and parts through a pultrusion process. This video shows it.
Elium® resins properties
- 30 to 50% lighter than the same parts made from steel with the same resistance
- Perfect for complex design forms
- Seamlessly blends with glass or carbon fibers
- Compatible with conventionial thermosetting resin transformation technologies (Resin Transfer Moulding, Infusion, Flex-molding)
- Exceptional post-thermoforming (welding and gluing)
- Styrene free compared to unsatured polyesters
- Parts easily thermoformed and recycled with comparable mechanical performance for epoxy parts
- Cost less to manufacture compared to other thermoplastic technologies:
- Conventional thermoset resin processes
- Transformation at room temperature
- No organo-sheets.
Companies: Arkema Group
Terms: Arkema, Elium, Industry, Pultrusion, pultrusion machine, pultrusion process, pultrusion technique, pultrusion technology, Recyclable composite, recyclable material, thermoplastic composite, thermoplastic resin