The CLF has several working groups and clusters covering key growth areas for the UK composites industry. On 24 May 2018 at the University of Nottingham, the CLF’s Workforce Development Group will host an event that will bring together a range of industry representatives along with key suppliers of workforce development in the further educational market.
Staff development is a vital part of running any successful business and is key for success of the composites industry in the UK. Retraining and upskilling existing employees via CPD is as important to this success as training those new to the workforce, whether that’s ensuring composites knowledge in relevant degree courses or engaging in apprenticeship schemes.
This event will cover the following topics:
- the growing range of education and training opportunities at all levels;
- short term workforce challenges that are affecting business performance;
- the potential demands on education and training providers as new technologies and markets emerge to enable early action that ensures the UK remains competitive;
- the scope for Level 2 apprenticeships or alternative solutions to meet industry need for shop floor training;
- the market need for higher level and degree apprenticeships;
- the proposed suite of modular CPD courses being developed in response to demand at graduate and post-graduate levels.
Composites UK is organising this event on behalf of the CLF. Bookings can be made via the Composites UK website. This event is open to all and free-of-charge.