During the event, TFP will showcase the solutions its nonwovens offer, including:
- Surface finish: Nonwovens provide a high quality, resin-rich surface finish to a composite. Used extensively as surfacing veils, they minimise the problem of print through and potentially reduce the amount of further processing required;
- Electronic and electrical systems: Metal-coated nonwovens are incorporated into electronics enclosures to shield against electromagnetic interference (EMI);
- Brakes and transmissions: Abrasion resistant aramid provides a substrate for friction parts, where it is used as a coating base for clutch, brake and automatic transmission systems;
- Chassis and frame: Dielectric nonwovens provide a lightweight, effective barrier to galvanic corrosion, a common and destructive problem when aluminium or other metals come into contact with carbon fibre;
- Fire protection: For mufflers, batteries, engines, catalytic converters and body interior panels.
Companies: Technical Fibre Products