Thermoplastic Composites provides an opportunity for manufacturers and material suppliers to network, hear from end-users, discuss developments in high-volume manufacturing and showcase the material’s lightweight and durable properties.
- The desires, wants, needs and experience of thermoplastic composites and its supply chain at Jaguar Land Rover – Ian Ray, Jaguar Land Rover;
- Next generation composite manufacturing – transforming the automotive composites supply chain – Hannah Tew, AMRC;
- Single stage overmoulding of thermoplastic composites – Peter Quigley, CCP Gransden;
- New joining method for composite-metal hybrid structure: Ariel Hipercar Project – Nick Welton, Powdertech;
- Industrialised and digital manufacturing of thermoplastic composites – Mark Muilwijk, Airborne;
- Liquid thermoplastics for automotive applications – Luke O’Donnell, Far UK;
- Low cost in-situ polymerisation processing of thermoplastic composites – James Murray and Winifred Obande, University of Edinburgh;
- Waste reduction in compression moulded thermoplastic laminates using digital manufacturing – David Hughes, Teesside University.
The event will be chaired by Paul Gallen, Sector Lead for the Automotive Market at the National Composites Centre.
“As always, we are delighted to be working with the BPF on this event and its growth year-on-year is a reflection of the high interest in the topic from both the composites and plastics industries,” Composites UK Communications Manager, Claire Whysall, says.
“We continue to see huge interest in this event and the BPF is pleased to be working in partnership with Composites UK to bring our two industries together to explore relevant opportunities and new exciting applications for thermoplastic composites,” adds BPF Senior Commercial Events and Projects Executive, Paul Baxter.
Thermoplastic Composites 2018 is aimed at senior and middle management professionals from companies which produce and use thermoplastic composites for the transport industry, those working on developing these materials or those simply wishing to explore opportunities within this important area.
Registration for this event is now open. Discounts are available for BPF and Composites UK members.
Industries: Automotive and Road Transportation