Scheduled for 11-12 June 2019, it will be held in Plainview, New York, US, at the Composite Prototyping Centre (CPC), one of the most advanced facilities of its kind nationwide.
By Air, By Land, By Sea: Composites Get You There features LIVE demonstrations and in-depth presentations featuring advanced composites processes and products used to build production parts for the automotive, aerospace, wind energy, and marine industries. Sessions will be led by subject matter experts from Composites One, the Closed Mold Alliance and IACMI, as well as CPC’s team of technical training experts.
“CPC is the ideal venue for this event,” said Marcy Offner, Director of Marketing Communications, Composites One. “It enables us to showcase advanced composites processes and technologies in an innovative manufacturing and training environment, and take advantage of their state-of-the-art systems and equipment,” she added.
According to Offner, those who attend will see and learn how:
- Different processes and materials can be used to produce the same type of hardtop for a boat.
- A marine console is manufactured using the light resin transfer moulding (Light RTM) process.
- Next-gen DForm technology from Solvay is employed to build tooling for an aerospace part.
- Carbon fibre is used to produce composites tooling for spacecraft manufacturer SpaceX.
- An automotive part is built from reinforced thermoplastics inside one of CPC’s heated presses.
- About the latest advancements in adhesives, process consumables and more.
Space at the workshop is limited; to find out more and register, please go to compositesone.com.
Companies: Composites One