Over the years, Cobra has been celebrated for its sustainable technologies and products including its Coco Mat Technology and Bio-Based Surfboards. The company’s boards meet the highest Ecoboard requirements set by Sustainable Surf and carry the Ecoboard Gold logo.
In 2018, Cobra celebrated its 40th year anniversary and focused on significant improvements in its operations and workplace.
Accomplishments in operations
- A 33% reduction in water usage. Water is a high priority area for Cobra as it plays such an important role in the manufacturing process. As well as continuing to reduce the amount of water, Cobra is committed to improve the quality of wastewater before it is released back into the industrial estate’s water system.
- The gasoline that is used for transportation between operational facilities has been reduced by an impressive 20% through the use of smaller vehicles.
- Waste management is a key topic at Cobra. In 2017, the company built a waste station to effectively manage waste separation. Waste is split into toxic, recyclable and non-toxic waste. As a result, Cobra has reduced non-toxic waste by 6%. The company has set a target for a further 20% reduction in 2019.
- After introducing a biomass system in 2017, Cobra has now completely transitioned to utilizing this system instead of fuel oil. Biomass is considered a renewable energy source that is carbon neutral, widely available and cheaper than fossil fuels.
Danu Chotikapanich, CEO of Cobra International comments:
“We are proud to launch our 5th Sustainability Development Report, this report reflects our ongoing commitment to sustainability in product development and operations, as well as our efforts to support the Happy Workplace program which contributes to the well-being of Cobra’s most important asset, our employees.”
Achievements in the workplace
- Cobra encourages its employees to create green areas around the company’s facility. During the last year, 80m² of green areas were added with 350 additional trees. These green spaces are sustained partially through collected rainwater and waste is used to generate fertiliser. This not only reduces the carbon footprint of the company; it also helps to create a more enjoyable environment for the employees.
- Cobra’s Happy Workplace program focuses on both the physical and mental wellness of its people. The company organises a range of activities from sports events, employee gatherings and local celebrations to ongoing personal development. This social responsibility extends to the wider Cobra family and its community, in which employees take part in blood donations, the company sponsors disadvantaged children and organises humanitarian relief programmes.
Industries: Sports, Leisure & Recreation