- Enabling a high quality, resin rich surface finish.
- Imparting surface functionality such as EMI shielding, corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, electrical conductivity and static dissipation.
- Providing a lightweight, effective carrier or support for adhesive films & fragile materials. The veil ensures a defined and consistent film thickness whilst improving handling and resilience.
- Delivering highly effective, integrated fire protection at the surface of a composite without compromising the integrity of the structure.
- Increasing the mode-I and mode-II interlaminar fracture toughness of a composite structure by up to 400%
- Acting as a resin flow medium to provide enhanced resin transportation in both inter-laminar and surface regions. Optiveil & Optimat remove the need to use additional flow media and ultimately lower resin usage and scrap.
Preventing galvanic corrosion; TFP’s dielectric nonwovens act as an electrically isolating layer between dissimilar conductive materials to prevent the electrochemical reaction that causes galvanic corrosion.
TFP also specialises in developing or adapting materials to meet customer specific performance, processing and aesthetic requirements. This is enabled by extensive product development capabilities, ranging from proof of concept lab work to trials, full scale manufacture and converting via lamination and nanocoating.
Visit TFP at booth N30 on 23-26 September 2019 at CAMX, Anaheim, US.
Companies: Technical Fibre Products