Manny Tesfaye, SCIGRIP’s Director of Global Technical Services, will also be conducting technical demonstrations throughout the event.
SCIGRIP MMA typical marine applications include:
- Bonding large composite parts such as hull to deck joints, internal structure, stringers and cores
- Interior and exterior fit out and assembly
- Attaching anodised aluminium sail tracks to carbon fibre yacht masts
- Assembly of steel and aluminium structural components
- Bonding bright white and gelcoated hull and superstructure part
Product highlights at METS 2017 will include SG300, a high-performance methacrylate adhesive with a balance of strength and toughness for bonding metals, composites and thermoplastics. SG300 is ideally suited to internal or external bonding and replaces or reduces the need for mechanical fasteners. This product features excellent environmental and chemical resistance and is available in a range of working times for production flexibility.
SG230 HV is a two-component, 10:1 mix ratio product for bonding composite and other plastic parts with little or no surface preparation. SG230 features excellent fatigue and vibration resistance for key structural areas and can bond to metal structures with a simple priming process. Both SG300 and SG230HV possess Lloyd’s Register approvals. This third-party verification of performance and production processes gives customers extra assurance of SCIGRIP’s commitment to quality.
SCIGRIP, a global supplier of smarter adhesives solutions, is exhibiting at the METSTRADE show in Amsterdam from the 14th-16th November.
Industries: Marine Transportation and Shipbuilding