The company thought about what they had and what they could do. With their technology, expertise, size and scale, they can quickly take action in times like a global pandemic.
Its culture allows them to respond to changing market demands. Magna employees are committed to supporting the communities where they work and live by devoting time and resources to help global crisis:
- Magna design engineers with a fashion background (in seating group) developed a pattern for others to follow in making mask covers.
- In Europe, Magna’s seating facilities with specialized cut & sew capabilities ramped up production of much-needed masks to help address a shortage in Italy. In Russia, Serbia and the Czech Republic, Magna employees now produce 51,000 masks per day of two different designs (one more complex, with an additional filter pocket).
- At their cut & sew facilities in Mexico as well, Magne is ramping up to 2,000 a day with a goal to reach the same levels they have in Europe. These masks are for use within the local community.
- The company has confirmed with medical health authorities that KN95 masks from China are needed. Therefore, Magna has secured 510,000 KN95 masks (similar to N95) and donating them to various hospitals throughout North America. In addition, our powertrain team in China secured 30,000 KN95 masks and shipped to Italy.
- Magna divisions and employees around the world are donating gloves to hospitals, meals to health-care workers, and hygiene kits to shelters.
- The company is in active discussions with different automakers on providing parts for ventilators, face shields and more.
Industries: Medical & Prosthetics
Terms: News Worldwide