LPG cylinder is a kind of pressure vessel that requires high tensile and compressive strength to store pressurised gases. This study aims at reduction of weight of Liquid petroleum gas cylinder. The commonly used material for the manufacturing of LPG cylinder is steel. But the steel is heavier and has got some safety problems.
In addition to this the steel progressively corrodes. So there arises a need to rectify these problems using some other alternatives. In this journal different alternatives are examined and an appropriate material is selected.
The finite element analysis of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinders. The models are made in CATIA V5 R20 and are imported to ANSYS. Finite element analysis of cylinder subjected to internal pressure is performed. The analysis done in ANSYS is compared with classical mathematical formulations. Calculations are performed to determine the weight of the cylinders and the least weighed material is chosen for the new LPG cylinder. The cost estimation is also perforamed to check the economic viability of the new LPG cylinder.
- Alok Tom1, Amal Jyothi College of engineering kanjirappally, India ()
- Geo Mathew Pius, Amal Jyothi College of engineering kanjirappally, India
- George Joseph, Amal Jyothi College of engineering kanjirappally, India
- Jacob Jose, Amal Jyothi College of engineering kanjirappally, India
- Mathew J Joseph, Amal Jyothi College of Engineering Kanjirappally, India
Industries: Oil & Gas