Urban Canopee offers innovative solutions to fight against the effects of climate change by deploying plant canopies over the city in order to :
– combat heat islands by deploying islands of freshness,
– restore urban biodiversity by reopening ecological fauna and flora corridors,
– save water,
– fight against air polution,
– improve the quality of life for its citizens by re-establishing humanity’s connection with the natural world,
– allow the city’s actors to plant the urban landscape of tomorrow for :
– allowing our cities to become resilient to climate change;
– achieving good certification ratios for buildings (HQE, BREEAM, LEED), eco-districts and cities (LEED for Cities certifications);
Advanced calculations of light structures
Developed in the Navier laboratory of École des Ponts ParisTech for more than ten years.
Urban Canopee uses composites materials that :
– have an identical mechanical strength to steel,
– are four times lighter to steel,
– are more durable (excellent corrosion resistance, weatherproof) than steel.
Research and Development on urban greening, for an autonomous and connected algorithmic to manage the plants irrigation. The Sensopee system allows their canopy to be totally autonomous for its water and electricity part (solar panel). The system includes a pot containing a specific substrate and a water storage, combined with connected sensors. This allowed us to develop and implement an irrigation algorithm with distance monitoring.
– Automatic irrigation,
– Data collection (T ° C, humidity, pollution),
– Monitoring and control of vegetation and biodiversity,
– Analysis of the evapotranspiration of plants with a PhD at the Ecole des Ponts ParisTech .
The process of islands of freshness is enabled by the layer of climbing plants lining our structures, promoting freshness by shading and evapotranspiration, contributing to the health and quality of life of the inhabitants. In addition, the climbing plants have the advantage of having a large total leaf area to to trap and store a large amount of CO2. This makes it possible to limit greenhouse gas emissions, which are very present in urban areas.
Companies: Urban Canopee