Innovative materials such as Bcomp’s natural fiber composite solutions reduce plastic content, cut weight and could improve crash behavior for interior panels.
Flax is the natural fiber that is used in Polestar interior and exterior (outer still) to build light and sustainable panels.
Results: up to 50% reduction in overall weight and an 80% reduction in plastic content compared to traditional interior panels.
Thomas Ingenlath, Polestar CEO, says:
“It’s clear that to be truly sustainable we have to evaluate every element that goes into our cars. For Polestar, sustainability is not just about the electric powertrain. With the development of these innovative new solutions that we will introduce in our future cars we make a strong statement of our intentions.”
- Controlled environmental footprint
- Use of a bio-sourced flax composite reinforcements
- Compromise between mechanical properties and optimized costs
- Weight reduction by up to 50%
- Plastic reduction by up to 80%
Industries: Automotive and Road Transportation