CCE-JEC Innovation Award Program
The CCE-JEC Innovation Award Program has been the main highlight of CCE for 15 years, while the New Products Showcase Zone is generally one of the best and most attractive areas to visitors. Over the past 15 years, 1000+ innovative products joined the program while 160+ of them were rewarded. The CCE-JEC Innovation Award Program has earned a solid reputation and had an enormous influence on China’s composite industry, and even on the global market.
The organizers hope that this year’s program will bring innovative momentum into China’s composite industry after the epidemic. Up to now, they have collected more than 50 innovations, listing just a few below:
- Fiber plastic composites (FPCs) from Sino Polymer: a new type of mass-produced high-performance composite materials with recycled textiles as the main raw material;
- CR929 rear pressure bulkhead dome developed by Hiwing Materials Industrial: a dome manufactured using the AFP process with fiber placement equipment independently developed in China;
- Continuous basalt fiber (CBF) reinforced thermoplastic filament for 3D printing developed by Sichuan Qianyi Composite Material: a PA12-based composite filament with outstanding creep properties and X-ray shielding characteristics;
- 5-axis milling and additive manufacturing integrated machine (BGAM) developed by CoinRobotics: a machine that integrates both additive manufacturing and subtractive processing with a double gantry structure;
- M65J grade high-strength and high-modulus carbon fiber developed by Ningbo Institute of Materials Technology & Engineering (NIMTE): a new technological breakthrough in China, with the fiber’s highest tensile modulus reaching 639 GPa.
Automotive Composites Innovation Platform
The Automotive Composites Innovation Platform is a special program held by CCE, the last three editions of which were an outstanding success. We are supported by tens of major car makers, Tier 1 suppliers, equipment manufacturers, raw materials suppliers, research institutes and composite enterprises at home and abroad.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is difficult to invite foreign experts to give speeches on the conference. Given that China’s new-energy vehicles and lightweight technology are in a phase of rapid development, organizers finally decided to invite well-known domestic car makers and Tier 1 suppliers to present their most advanced technology and products to exhibitors and visitors, and to showcase the highest level of composite auto parts in China.
High forum: recycling and reuse of fiber-reinforced composite materials
The organizing committee of CCE 2020 and the Fiber-reinforced Composite Recycling Branch of the China National Resources Recycling Association (CCRA) will jointly organize the second high forum on the recycling and reuse of fiber-reinforced composite materials to introduce the latest research and engineering progress of composite recycling and recovery in China. In recent years, the recycling and reuse of CFRP has become an important technical issue for the industrial development process. With the introduction of environmental protection policies by governments around the world, the composite industry has also created a boom in the development of sustainable solutions for composites recycling and reuse.
Organizers invite Nantong Fuyuan Carbon Fiber Recycling, China’s first domestic company boasting an advanced composite pyrolysis processing line with an annual capacity of 1,500 tons, to introduce their facility and pyrolysis treatment technology. Furthermore, considering the COVID-19 context, some speakers will provide a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of how the epidemic pushes this industry’s transformation and reform.
Live stream on the WECHAT platform
In order to help those who still wish to take a view of the booths and get useful information from key companies, CCE 2020 will offer the CCE Live Stream broadcast through the CCExpo WECHAT public platform.